Balance disorders and dizziness are among the most common reasons for falls to occur in our aging population. It is estimated that almost 85% of these falls involve the vestibular system. However, with correct assessment and proper treatment (Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy), first falls and repeat falls can be prevented for balance-disordered people.
Dr. Marian Girardi has studied and compiled important data to assess and treat vestibular disfunctions. She has documented and grouped this valuable information into an easy-to-understand format to include:
A valuable resource book for healthcare students, therapists, professionals, and patients as well.
- Anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system.
- Identifying the patient with vestibular problems.
- Assessment tools for vestibular diagnosis.
- Risk and safety factors for falls.
- Treatment using VRT (Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy). VRT exercises for vision, head and eye movements to improve and maintain long-term balance and gait.
- 22 reproducible patient handouts for easy duplication.